CHARITY ASSISTANT / PA
In line with planned growth for the organisation we have an exciting new opportunity for a highly organised, motivated, efficient and proactive individual to join the dedicated, passionate team at our busy Manchester City Centre office.
The scope of our work ranges from organising events for up to 200k people to planning and activating campaigns to promote the advancement of LGBT+ equality, and everything in between!
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Accountable To: Chief Executive Officer
Remuneration: £20,000 - £22,000 PA plus benefits
Benefits: 25 days holiday leave entitlement plus Bank Holidays
Place of Work: Manchester One, 53 Portland Street, Manchester, M1 3LF
Overall purpose of the role
The Charity Assistant/PA is a role that represents an exciting opportunity to work at the heart of the organisation, acting as assistant to the Chief Executive and managing a small but busy office. The role encompasses a myriad of responsibilities, all of which assist us in delivering a programme of events and initiatives that provide benefits to LGBT+ people throughout Greater Manchester.
Reporting to the Chief Executive you will provide essential support for the Senior Management team. You will be responsible for developing and implementing efficient processes to ensure the smooth running of the office.
• Provide general administration support for the Senior Management Team, including: file management, stationery and materials purchasing / auditing, sales and purchase ledger processing, maintaining data management systems
• Act as first point of contact, managing and responding to all general enquiries received by telephone, post or digital media
• Overall management of the office space, facilities and equipment
• Diary management for the CEO and senior management team
• Arrange and book travel, transport and accommodation
• General PA duties to assist the CEO, including: Control access to the CEO, assist in the preparation of reports and presentations, Assist with CEO task deadlines, HR Co-ordination duties, process expenses
• Attend meetings and take concise minutes
• Attend and assist at external events
The above list of duties is indicative only and not exhaustive. The Charity Assistant/PA will be expected to perform all such additional duties as are reasonably commensurate with the role.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• At least two years experience in a similar role
• Exceptional communication and customer service skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Full UK driving license
• Ability to work to strict deadlines, prioritise tasks and workloads
• Strong IT skills with knowledge of office / Apple professional software packages and applications
• Highly organised with a positive, proactive attitude
• Educated to degree level or hold suitable qualifications or experience for the nature and capabilities of the role
• Your approach to the role and hours of work will be flexible and as required to meet the demands of a business that can have a changeable pattern across the year. This will include evening and weekend work throughout the year, so a flexible approach is essential to this role.
• Knowledge and experience of working at events
• Knowledge and experience of financial accounting software
• Established network of contacts in Greater Manchester
General: - All staff are required to:
• Familiarise themselves with the Company Policies and Procedures, held on the HR system, accessible by all staff at anytime from the website.
• Uphold the Equal Opportunities and Anti-Harassment and Bullying Policies, ensuring effective implementation in all aspects of their work for the Company.
• Act at all times within the Company Rules, Policies, Procedures, and any other statutory requirements.
• Be proactive, bring ideas, suggestions and contribute to business improvement.
• Undertake training as required.
• Attend staff and team meetings as required.
• Observe health and safety procedures in the workplace to ensure personal safety and to safeguard the interests and safety of colleagues, customers and visitors.
• Undertake other duties and responsibilities as appropriate since all staff are expected to work flexibly within their skill level to respond to changing priorities and make sure that customer needs and business objectives are met.
If you match the criteria above and you’re excited at the sound of this opportunity, complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. If you have any questions or queries about the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: If you have previously applied for this position, we would like to thank you for interest, but previous applicants need not apply again.
Please note: Due to the number of applications we receive for our job advertisements we can only respond to applicants who are shortlisted to attend an interview.
The deadline for applications is 5:00pm on Monday 29 January 2018.