EVENTS ADMIN ASSISTANT
In line with planned growth for the organisation we have an exciting new opportunity for a highly organised, motivated, efficient and proactive individual to join the dedicated, passionate team at our busy Manchester City Centre office.
The scope of our work ranges from organising events for up to 200k people to planning and activating campaigns to promote the advancement of LGBT+ equality, and everything in between!
Role Description: Events Admin Assistant
Reports To: Head of Events
Accountable To: Chief Executive Officer
Remuneration: £17,000 - £19,000
Benefits: 25 days holiday leave entitlement plus Bank Holidays
Place of Work: Manchester One, 53 Portland Street, Manchester, M1 3LD
Manchester Pride campaigns for the advancement of LGBT+ equality; celebrates LGBT+ life and creates opportunities that engage LGBT+ people so that they can thrive. As one of the leading LGBT+ charities in the UK, our work aims to challenge discrimination in relation to homophobia, biphobia and transphobia and through our grant-giving, we support, enrich and empower LGBT+ community groups, events and causes in Greater Manchester.
The scope of our work ranges from organising events for up to 200,000 people to planning and activating campaigns to promote the advancement of LGBT equality and everything in between.
To assist the Head of Events and Events Team with administrative duties for the effective planning and delivery of the administrative, logistical and operational elements of all events managed by Manchester Pride.
- Provide general admin support for the Events team including file & database management and assisting in the procurement of goods and services;
- Assist in event administration for Parade, Expo, Volunteer, Market and Concession applications;
- Manage venue bookings for ancillary events and workshops;
- Diary management for Events Team;
- Assist with hotel bookings and transport for event personnel, artists and guests;
- Carry out administrative duties required for key events and initiatives including sponsorship activations, press launches, volunteer events, The Manchester Pride Parade, workshops and other events produced by the Events Team;
- Administrate resident and business briefing letters, collating responses and organising meeting rooms for briefing sessions;
- Effectively administrate, review and analyse stakeholder feedback following events;
- Administrate guest accreditation for the organisation’s events, compiling information for guest lists, maintaining guest list databases and communicating accreditation requirements with guests;
- Administrate and audit assets and stock in storage and record and monitor movement or disposal of stock;
- Assist with ticket outlet requirements including ordering, delivery, collections and reconciliation of tickets;
- Coordinate and schedule Safety Advisory Group and Sub Group Meetings;
- Assist with logistics for promotional activity;
- Attend Events Management meetings, reporting on outcomes and keeping concise minutes;
- Investigate and present new technologies to improve event logistics and operations;
- Assist in implementing Commercial partnerships and sponsorship fulfilment;
- Completing other day to day office based tasks.
The above list of duties is indicative only and not exhaustive. The Events Admin Assistant will be expected to perform all such additional duties as are reasonably commensurate with the role.
Manchester Pride is looking for a person with experience within the events sector. We would expect the candidate to be able to demonstrate the following qualities and experiences, to include, but not limited to the following:
Skills, Experiences and Qualifications
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position;
- Effective team worker who shows initiative and takes ownership of the role;
- Ability to work to strict deadlines, prioritising tasks and workloads;
- Strong IT skills with experience of word processing, spreadsheets and presentations;
- Proven track record of maintaining filing systems and databases;
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills, written and oral;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Financial acumen and ability to work within agreed budgets;
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with a diverse range of people;
- Self management skills and ability to work on own initiative as well as a part of a team;
- Ability to manage sensitive information;
- Ability to use project management processes and systems;
- Understanding of the core aims and objectives of Manchester Pride;
- Full UK driving licence;
- Experience with event ticketing and accreditation;
- Understanding of commercial partnerships and sponsor activations.
General - All staff are required to
- Familiarise themselves with the organisation’s policies and procedures held on the HR system accessible by all staff at any time;
- Uphold the Equal Opportunities, Anti-Harassment and Bullying Policies, ensuring effective implementation in all aspects of their work for the organisation;
- Act at all times within the organisation’s rules, policies, procedures and any other statutory requirements;
- Be proactive, bring ideas, suggestions and contribute to business improvement.
- Undertake training as required;
- Attend staff and team meetings as required;
- Observe health and safety procedures in the workplace to ensure personal safety and to safeguard the interests and safety of colleagues, customers and visitors;
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as appropriate since all staff are expected to work flexibly within their skills level to respond to changing priorities and make sure that customer needs and business objectives are met.
If you match the criteria above and you’re excited at the sound of this opportunity, complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. If you have any questions or queries about the application process please email Michael Lever, Head of Events on email@example.com.
Please note: Due to the number of applications we receive for our job advertisements we can only respond to applicants who are shortlisted to attend an interview.
The deadline for applications is 5:00pm on Friday 13 April 2018.