Manchester Pride is committed to supporting local LGBTQ+ charities, organisations, and projects through our grants programme. We are currently recruiting members to join our community grants panel. As a member of the community grants panel, you will play a vital role in ensuring that grant applications are reviewed fairly and funds are awarded to worthwhile projects and causes, in line with the priorities of the grants programme. This is a 12-month voluntary role with paid expenses.
What does the role on the community grants panel entail?
- Attend an induction session to meet the other members and become acquainted with the documents and procedures.
- Prepare in advance for the grants review panel meetings by reading the associated applications and documentation.
- Attend meetings of the grants review panel to prioritise and discuss the importance of the grant applications. The panel will meet once a month and the meeting is likely to last 3 hours.
- Complete an assessment of assigned grant applications using a scoring matrix.
- Help to ensure that Manchester Pride’s grants programme is relevant and important to the LGBTQ+ communities and in line with the actions set out in the Pride in our Future report.
- Treat all proceedings of the grant review panel as confidential and adhere to the Grant Making Policy.
What skills and personal qualities are required from the community grants panel?
- Lived experience as a LGBTQ+ person.
- An interest in issues affecting LGBTQ+ people and communities.
- Ability to communicate with a range of people and the confidence to have discussions in a committee setting.
- Knowledge of issues affecting marginalised groups within the LGBTQ+ communities.
- We are particularly encouraging applications from people who are disabled, trans and/or QTIPoC.
How do you apply to be a member of the Manchester Pride community grants panel?
- To apply, please fill in this form.
- We will contact you to let you know if your application has been successful by 1st July 2022.
- You will be invited to a group interview session if your application is successful.